There are times employees do not understand the hard work and dedication that their superiors put in and the challenges they face on a daily basis. Boss’s Day is a great opportunity to appreciate and be thankful for all the things management have done for their employees. So, let’s tell our bosses that, and what better way to show your appreciation than by having a PARTY!
Like any event management, it goes without saying planning is critical. Let’s plan the party.
- Form a committee with your colleagues to decide who is in charge of what.
- Decide on the theme of the party based on one of the Boss’s favourite things.
- Decorate the venue (e.g. Conference Room)
- Make a giant card and have everyone (down to the cleaning aunty) sign and write a few words of appreciation.
- Decide whether to get individual gifts or have everyone chip in to buy a big gift.
- Decide on the food and beverages for the party. Of course, it has to be the Boss’s favourites.
- Pick a game to play and prepare a prize for the winner.
- Take many photos to commemorate the occasion to later compile in an album (or video montage) as a reminder of the amazing team he or she is leading.
Whichever way you and your colleagues decide to celebrate Boss’s Day, always remember to have fun and have a great time getting to know your boss and colleagues better.
Have fun organising!